The GBA is a non-profit student organization established to represent the Student Body and to act on its collective behalf to enrich and broaden the experience of the student community, both in and out of the classroom. In pursuit of these goals, the Council will represent and act on student views and concerns; promote, coordinate, and operate student activities and services; and enhance channels of communication between the student, faculty, administration, alumni and University community. The Council will:
- Promote the welfare, preserve the integrity, and provide general leadership to the full-time MBA students, the Columbia Business School, and Columbia University.
- Represent the Students in discussions with the faculty and administration at the Business School and the University.
- Provide social and professional activities for the students.
- Work in conjunction with the Office of Student Affairs to assist in overseeing the activities of all student clubs associated with the Business School.
The GBA Council will hold meetings on the following days for the 2012-2013 academic year:
- September 13, 2012
- October 11, 2012
- November 15, 2012
- December 6, 2012
- February 7, 2013
- March 7, 2013
- April 4, 2013
- April 25, 2013 (New Officer Installation)