The GBA Council is the legislative arm of the Columbia Business School student government. The Council is comprised of the GBA Executive Committee, 1st year Cluster Chairs and Academic Reps and 2nd year Cluster Representatives. The Council meets monthly to discuss and vote on issues identified by the Council, Executive Committee, the Administration and the student body at large. My job is to coordinate and facilitate the Council meetings and act as liaison between the Council and the Executive Committee.
Additionally, as a member of the Executive Committee I am responsible to the entire student body to ensure that your voice is heard and presented to the Council and Administration. As such, I encourage each of you to voice your opinions, thoughts and ideas to me, other members of the Executive Committee or your Cluster Representatives., please note that Council meetings are open to all students, so please feel free to stop by and see your Council in action. We are here working for you.
Questions, comments, concerns, contact me anytime. You can reach me via email or just grab me in the hallways, around campus, or anywhere else. One of my key jobs is to put together task forces to deal with issues that you care about. If there’s an issue you feel strongly about, get in touch and we’ll figure out the appropriate way to tackle it. Your input is what makes, and will continue to make, Columbia Business School the great institution it is.
– Chair the committee of first year Cluster Chairs
– Call and preside at meetings of the Council. This includes setting the date, and location of such meetings.
– Manages the Secretary in the soliciting of agenda items for the Council Meetings from the Council members, and is responsible for determining final agenda for all Council Meetings.
– Call all votes of the Council.
– Vote in Council Meetings only when necessitated to break a tie.
– Moderate all Council discussions and votes.
– Any member of the GBA can run for EVP
– EVP is a one-year position, lasting from April-April.
– EVP balances the President and represents the spirit of the Council (including the first-year chairs who do not have Executive Board representation elsewhere) during the Executive Board meetings.