J-Termers occupy a unique space at Columbia. We begin at Columbia Business School after our classmates but catch up to them by the time second year starts. We do this by taking our second semester over the summer. My role as J-Term President is to be the primary GBA representative during the summer and to represent the J-Term students to the school and its administration.
My role over the summer includes a bit of everything: interacting with administration, organizing clubs and career activities, planning summer happy hours with the Summer Events Committee, and more.
Once the semester starts, I continue to represent the J-Term and serve on the GBA Executive Board. During this time, I continue to work on high-level initiatives that impact the entire CBS community.
Please feel free to contact me or anyone on the GBA Executive Board with any feedback, questions or ideas. We want to hear what you think.
– This position is elected simultaneously with the regular GBA Election Cycle.
– The authority to form special committees on an ad hoc basis if the demands of a particular summer require additional resources. The responsibilities of the Summer GBA shall include but not be limited to:
– Represent the Student Body to the Administration and Faculty.
– Organize and oversee weekly social events.
– Coordinate the agenda items and issues with the incoming Executive Board
– Participate in January Term orientation.
– During the Fall & Spring semesters, The J-Term President serves as a member of the EB, and is responsible for heading and/or participating in Executive Board initiatives.
– The J-Term President is to serve as a preliminary contact and liaison for the J-Term Class entering during his or her second year.